#AS91896 - TEAM ASSOCIATED FT 12MM V2 SHOCK PISTONS 2MM 2X1.6MM
Factory Team introduces a new tuning option for off-road 12mm shocks. The new 2mm thickness V2 shock pistons decrease damping and pack compared to their standard 2.5mm thickness kit counterparts. Keeping the same 2-hole valving, the shorter thickness piston allows for faster fluid flow, and less pack (pack = increased rate of resistance) while the shock takes fast impacts from jumps and bumps. This results in a small shift, giving the car more traction and less pack, which racers can tune for an advantage in a wide range of conditions.
Pro Tip: Adjust Team Associated shock oil +2.5wt up to +5wt thicker (ex: 30wt increase to 32.5wt OR 35wt). You can run the 2mm thickness pistons with a thicker oil, and it will still handle good in bumps.
- RC10SC6.2 (and older RC10B6 series models)
Some rule-of-thumb cases for using the 2mm thickness vs. 2.5mm thickness pistons:
Use optional 2mm thickness in cases where you want less pack, better bump handling, or slower responsiveness. Conditions to try:
- To increase grip on low-traction dirt tracks
- High-traction tracks with bumps or when you need a more forgiving overall feel
- Running lightweight LCG batteries (lower overall car weight) to make the car less responsive and easier to drive
Use standard 2.5mm thickness pistons for more pack, higher responsiveness, and a more responsive feel.
- Current Team Associated kits come with 2.5mm thickness 2-hole pistons -- usethese as a baseline for comparison
Brand > Models
TEAM ASSOCIATED, T6.1, B6 - B6.1 - B6.2 - B6.3 - B6.4, SC6.1, B74,