Avid 12mm Precision Front Spring (Yellow, 2.95lb, Batch3) for 10th scale buggy comes with 1 pair of springs and fits the Team Associated 12mm big bores, Team Losi 22, Kyosho RB5, Durango DEX410, DEX210 and B4/B44 V2 shocks converted for big bore springs (AVID spring cups #AV1012 and collar adapters #AV1014 needed). With the new Associated +9 offset spring cups, these springs also fit on a T4.1 or SC10 front.
- The labels are custom printed to show the average spring rate (in lb/in) for each batch of springs after they"ve passed our quality check. We ensure that the labeled rate on the packaging is as close as possible to the springs you are getting inside the bag. AVID springs are checked in-house with precision spring testing equipment.
- AVID springs are raw, un-coated ASTM spec spring wire which ensures consistent spring rates and prevents mis-matched spring pairs. They are easily polished for a "factory" look.
- Traditional coated springs have a powder coating to protect the wire, but the coating differs in stiffness from the wire. Vendors normally have to compensate by adjusting the wire diameter and number of coils, but as the powder coating breaks down, you are left with a spring that isn"t the same as when you installed it.
- Coatings can lead to inconsistent spring rates within a production batch leaving racers to guess whether or not their left and right shock springs are the same.
- Each set of front or rear springs uses identical wire diameter, varying only the number of coils. This allows for the tightest possible grouping of spring rates, and the most consistent production conditions from batch to batch.
- AVID springs come in a labeled snap-top tube for storage to keep each spring pair together.
- Each pair of springs comes with pre-cut colored shrink tubing if you prefer to identify them by color. We suggest to locate the tubing on the third coil from the bottom as to not interfere with the compression of the spring into the shock body or spring cup.