#AS80946 - TEAM ASSOCIATED RC8B4e TEAM KIT 1/8 ELECTRIC BUGGY
PUSHING THE BOUNDARIES.
1:8 scale off road racing is one of the hobby's most challenging disciplines; it requires a high standard and demands attention to detail. The latest development to come from Associated Electrics' Area 51 is designed to push boundaries of performance and build upon the number of accolades accumulated by the RC8 series.
- 2009 R.O.A.R. 1:8 Fuel Off-Road National Championship, Leisure Hours Raceway; Joliet, IL--Ryan Maifield, RC8T
- 2010 R.O.A.R. 1:8 Electric Off-Road National Championship, NorCal Hobbies; Union City, CA--Ryan Maifield, RC8Be
- 2011 R.O.A.R. 1:8 Fuel Off-Road National Championship, Thunder Alley R/C Raceway; Beaumont, CA--Ryan Maifield, RC8T
- 2011 R.O.A.R. 1:8 Fuel Off-Road National Championship--Ryan Cavalieri, RC8B
- 2015 Neo-X 1:8 Fuel Off-Road Championship, Harper Adams University; Shrophshire, England--Ryan Cavalieri, RC8B3 Prototype
- 2016 R.O.A.R. 1:8 Fuel Off-Road Nationals, Thornhill Racing Circuit; Hutto, TX--Spencer Rivkin, RC8B3
- 2016 R.O.A.R. 1:8 Electric Off-Road National Champion, Stateline R/C Raceway; Fremont, IN--Spencer Rivkin, RC8T3e
- 2017 AARCMCC Australian National Title, SDMCC; Morphett Vale, South Australia--Kyle McBride, RC8B3.1
- 2017 Neo17 1:8 Fuel Off-Road Championship--Davide Ongaro, RC8B3.1
- 2018 I.F.M.A.R. World Championship, MORBC Track; Perth, Australia--Davide Ongaro, RC8B3.1
- 2019 A-Main Hobbies Manufacturers Cup Pro Nitro Buggy, Silver Dollar R/C Raceway; Chico, CA--Spencer Rivkin, RC8B3.1
- 2019 A-Main Hobbies Manufacturers Cup Pro Electric Buggy, Silver Dollar R/C Raceway; Chico, CA--Spencer Rivkin, RC8B3.1e
- 2019 R.O.A.R. 1:8 Fuel Off-Road Nationals, Thornhill Racing Circuit; Hutto, TX--Spencer Rivkin, RC8B3.1
- 2019 RCGP Series Championship, Thunder Alley R/C Raceway; Beaumont, CA--Davide Ongaro, RC8B3.1
- 2019 Italian 1:8 Nitro Championship, Pista RC "Casa Mora;" Castiglione della Pescaia--Davide Ongaro, RC8B3.1
- 2020 Motorama; Harrisburg, PA--Cole Tollard, RC8B3.1e & RC8T3.1e
- 2021 Psycho Nitro Blast; White Pine, TN--Spencer Rivkin, RC8T3.2 & RC8B3.2e
- 2021 Buggyland 8.0; Madrid, Spain--Davide Ongaro, RC8B3.2 & RC8B3.2e
- 2021 iBuggy Challenge; Barcelos, Portugal--Davide Ongaro, RC8B3.2
- Innovative front-end geometry with new 8 deg. inclined kingpin steering blocks are paired with a new wider upper suspension arm pivot for improved steering balance and predictable handling in all conditions
- New front and rear gearbox designs are engineered for better drivetrain efficiency with reduced phasing and vibration. Larger bearing sizes resulting in longer life of ring and pinion gears
- Front and rear suspension arms engineered with optimal flex and stiffness with no insert
- Front lower and rear suspension arms have angled one-piece anti-roll bar link, which is mounted in-line with the anti-roll bar with a BHCS for simplified assembly. Included optional insert mounts to the top or bottom face--racer's choice
- Front upper arm includes a unique optional molded "wing" insert for increased front-end downforce
- New rear wing mount has adjustable wing angle shims, significant strength improvements, an aerodynamic shape, and extra clearance for shock position adjustment
- The adjustable rear wing has more vertical fins for increased straight line stability, a taller rear lip height for increased downforce and increased strength in various areas to reduce bending fatigue
- New rear chassis brace is mounted centrally to the gearbox, which reduces material fatigue, centralizes shear forces, and improves the life of rear end drivetrain parts. There are three different chassis flex options using two chassis hole mounting locations and an optional turnbuckle ball for flex in more degrees of freedom.
- New chassis layout featuring two shorty-style only battery configurations. Both configurations include a centrally mounted center differential and in-line center driveshafts for superior drivetrain efficiency and equalized chassis balance.
- Battery configurations are: Two 2S shorty "saddle pack" for lowest CG and exceptional weight bias, or one 4S shorty for simplified setup and more centralized weight bias
- New gearboxes are specific to front and rear with larger bearing sizes resulting in longer life of ring and pinion gears. Front gearbox is a 3.5 deg. inclined pinion gear angle to straighten the center driveshaft for increased drivetrain efficiency and reduced phasing and vibration. Rear gearbox is a 0 deg. pinion gear angle and rear chassis brace mount.
- New RC8B4e specific side guards are narrower and feature integrated wire routing clips
- +2 deg. steering block arms
- V3 differentials with 42T ring and 12T pinion gears for improved gear ratios
- RC8B3.2 split center diff mounts with aluminum center top plate
- 16mm shocks equipped with improved material locking spring cups and rod ends, V2 springs, 'stiff' style shock bladder, combination bleeder/emulsion caps, and blue aluminum threaded collars
- RC8B3.2 narrow C and D arm mounts
Due to ongoing R&D, photos may not match final kit. Vehicle shown on these pages equipped with items NOT included in kit: Reedy motor, battery, ESC, servo, receiver, wheels, tires, body, and pinion gear. Assembly and painting required.
Brand > Models
TEAM ASSOCIATED, RC8B4,
Unassembled - Kit